Until The Water Damage Specialist Arrives
- Keep the indoor temperature below 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) until the specialist arrives.
- Place foil or plastic below furniture legs, to prevent rust or furniture stains to the flooring.
- Turn off electricity at the breakers in the affected rooms or areas.
- Be extremely careful of wet, slippery floors, which are the greatest cause of accidents after water damage.
- Please remove china, crystal and other breakables from closets in affected areas.
- Please remove small items from the floor of the affected closets.
- If possible, remove any lightweight furniture from the affected areas.
- Contact a roofer, plumber, etc. to stop incoming water.
- Don’t use your household vacuum, as this may cause electrical shock.
- Try not to walk on the wet carpeting, as this may spread water to adjoining areas.