Did you know that according to the Environmental Protection Agency, the indoor air of your home is more polluted than the air outdoors? The EPA also recommends air duct cleaning every 5 to 7 years. This includes cleaning different heating and cooling components, return and supply ducts, air vents, coils, fan motors, and much more.
But is paying a professional to clean your air ducts really necessary? If you research the topic, you will get many different opinions. Here’s the honest answer. Air duct cleaning is only a waste of money if you hire the wrong cleaning company. At Rytech of SWLA, we have provided air duct cleaning services for over 20 years. We are excited to discuss the advantages of a proper HVAC cleaning.
Advantages of a Professional Air Duct Cleaning
Cleaning air ducts is not something that we do on a normal basis. We don’t see inside the vents of our home; therefore, we don’t think about the dust and dirt that can accumulate inside. Air ducts are not only home to the standard dust bunnies, but can also be home to mice, bugs, and other vermin – things you never want in your home, let alone the air you’re breathing.
- Having your air ducts professionally cleaned will remove any dust and allergens from your ventilation system. This is step one to keeping the air in your home fresh and clean.
- A professional team, like those at Rytech of SWLA, will take the time to inspect all areas of your home. We’ll identify any larger problems like infestations or mold growth, then take the steps necessary to correct and remove these issues.
- A professional cleaning to your air ducts will not only remove the dust and debris that you cannot reach, but it will also keep your HVAC system running more efficiently. With clean vents and filters your heating and cooling system does not have to over extend itself, and instead, can work at its typical setting.
- While it may seem as simple as vacuuming out your air ducts, a DIY approach is not the best solution. At Rytech of SWLA, we do use a vacuum to remove the dust within your vents. We also use the Rotobrush system for cleaning. This process is a rotating brush attached to a hose that cleans and scrubs the sides of your air ducts. This is far cleaner than the results of a standard home vacuum.
- Finally, you may notice a decrease in your energy costs!
While a professional air duct cleaning company may not seem like it is worth the cost, the team at Rytech of SWLA is the best in the Lake Charles area. Call today to schedule your appointment with our highly skilled team and let our reputation speak for itself.