Carpet is meant to be walked on, and because of this it never stays clean. Homes in Louisiana have relied on professional carpet cleaning services like Rytech for years, but what about keeping your carpets clean between professional cleanings?
While keeping a carpet spotless is difficult, it isn’t impossible. With a little bit of routine maintenance and a few household appliances, your carpet can stay looking fresh and new for a long time!
5 Tips to Keep Your Carpet Clean
- Remove your shoes when you enter your home. Think about all of the mud, dirt, and grime your shoes collect on a regular basis. Now imagine all of that finding its way onto your carpet. If you have young children or pets, they spend most of their time playing on the floor. Removing your shoes before you enter the home does not only keep your carpet clean, but it also makes cleaner for playtime!
- Break out the vacuum! It’s important to maintain your clean carpet after you’ve had it professionally shampooed. Regular vacuuming is defined as 3 or more times per week. This helps keep the dirt off the ground and prevents it from being ground into the carpet fibers. Here’s a secret – vacuum slowly. Running the machine over the carpet quickly may not capture all of the dirt!
- Clean your vacuum bag or empty the canister regularly. Working with a clean bag or canister helps keep the vacuum working as well as possible.
- Use baking soda on the carpet before you vacuum! This is an old trick. Sprinkle a little banking soda on the carpet and let it sit for a few moments. After it’s had a minute to sink in, vacuum like normal. The baking soda will not only add extra cleaning power but will also leave your carpet smelling great!
- Clean up any stains right away! Accidents will happen, regardless of how much you try to keep your carpets clean. When they do happen, deal with them right away! When a spill happens, blot up spot with a clean towel. As much as you want to, try not to rub the stain into the carpet! This can cause the stain to set further. There are also cleaners that can assist with the more stubborn stains.
At Rytech, our carpet cleaning services use the industry leading equipment and cleaning solutions in the industry. Our technicians are trained to look for spots before they start carpet cleaning, and the pre-treatment process will assist with any stubborn stains.
The steps above will help you keep your carpet looking freshly cleaned while you wait for the deep cleaning professional carpet cleaner to arrive!
Rytech offers convenient online scheduling, or call us today to schedule your carpet cleaning appointment today.