Moving into a new home is a fun and exciting time. New beginnings are a great way to start fresh and organizing your new space can be a breeze compared to keeping it clean once you’re moved in and living in the home for a while!
Previous owners typically leave the home in decent condition, however, is the home clean or just “clean enough”? Take a look at this checklist to double check each room.
Start with the Kitchen
The kitchen is said to be the dirtiest room in the house. With appliances and food storage taking up most of the space, it’s no wonder the kitchen needs more deep cleaning than most spaces.
- Begin with the oven. Remove all the racks and scrub them with hot, soapy water.
- Clean out the sink with baking soda and vinegar.
- Scrub cabinets inside and out, and don’t forget the tops of cabinet doors!
- Scrub counter tops with water and vinegar, or special cleaner if you’re dealing with marble tops.
- Pull refrigerators and stoves away from walls and vacuum behind. Then begin cleaning inside, out, back, and sides.
Move to the Bathrooms
Bathroom deep cleaning shouldn’t only happen when you first move into your home. Using different household cleaners will help you tremendously in keeping your bathroom squeaky clean and sparkling.
- Most surfaces in the bathroom can be cleaned using bleach and water. This will deep clean the tile and grout.
- Check for leaks and condensation around the sinks, tub, and toilet.
- Keep an eye out for mold and mildew. This can grow into a bigger problem down the line, and should be treated quickly.
Other Spaces and Items to Clean
Rooms like bedrooms and living rooms are pretty similar and require the same types of deep cleaning.
- Have floors steam cleaned. Hire a professional carpet cleaning service like Rytech, or rent a machine yourself. If you have hardwood floors, you can use a mild cleaner to mop the floor and rid them of dust. Call Rytech of SWLA today, or schedule your appointment online.
- Clean the walls by scrubbing down with water and vinegar. This is safe for most surfaces and will not damage paint. Pay attention to the corners, especially near the floor and ceilings.
- Have air ducts cleaned. Hire a professional air duct cleaning service to clean out the ductwork when you move into a new home. We recommend professional ductwork cleaning after moving into a new home, completing new home construction, or after a completed remodel. Our team at Rytech of SWLA is trained and certified to perform air duct cleaning services to help remove dust, dirt, mold, and other debris that’s built up. Schedule your appointment online or contact us to set up an appointment.
Once your home is deep cleaned, it’s time to move in and start organizing and enjoying your new space!