Regardless of how careful we are with food and drinks, accidents happen. Most of the time, they happen due to a spill of wine or plate of food – and we all know how quickly these messes stain! Of course, we want our homes to stay clean and beautiful, and removing these stains from carpeting isn’t as hard as we may think.
How to Remove Red Wine from Carpeting with Club Soda
Club soda is the go-to removal for red wine and has been around since 1767! It works just as well today as it did back then. Here’s how to use it to remove red wine from your carpeting:
- Blot the stain and clean the spot with clean, dry cloth.
- Pour club soda onto the spot and blot again.
- If the spot is not completely removed, continue to add club soda and blot the stain with a clean cloth until the stain is gone.
How to Remove Wine with Dish Soap and Vinegar
Club Soda may not be something you have laying around your home. If this is the case, you can use dish soap and vinegar!
- Start again by blotting the stain and getting as much of the liquid up as possible.
- Mix your cleaning solution by adding a tablespoon of dish soap and a tablespoon of white vinegar to two cups of warm water.
- Using only a white cloth (or the pigment may bleed onto your carpeting), add the mixture to the stain and blot until the wine is gone.
How to Remove Wine using Hydrogen Peroxide
Another method to cleaning up spilled wine is with peroxide. Use this as a last resort since it can cause discoloration in your carpeting.
- You guessed it – start by blotting the stain with a dry cloth.
- Create your mixture of peroxide and dish shop. Mix two parts of peroxide with one part dish soap and do a spot test in a hard to see area of your carpeting.
- If your carpet does not discolor – you can continue to use this method to remove the wine!
- Pour the mixture onto the solution and blot until the stain is gone.
Call in the Professionals At Rytech of SWLA
Sometimes stains are too stubborn for home remedies and need a professional carpet cleaner to help save the day. At Rytech of SWLA, our carpet cleaning crew is ready to help remove old and new stains from your carpeting, and will provide a free walk through before moving forward with the full cleaning.